3 Days: Java 8 Concurrency Performance Course
Heinz Kabutz, JavaSpecialists.EU
The Extreme Java - Concurrency Performance for Java 8 Course is authored by Dr Heinz Kabutz, the publisher of The Java Specialists' Newsletter. It includes (under license) training material produced by JavaPerformanceTuning.com. It is based on our bestselling Java Specialist Master Concurrency Specialist courses.
This course could be your most productive learning experience ever! It is aimed at the busy Java professional who wants to quickly learn and apply new essentials on core Java topics. All topics have been thoroughly researched by Dr Heinz Kabutz, famous in over 135 countries for his Java Specialists' Newsletter.
During the course we use the new Java 8 syntax for lambdas and streams, making the code more readable. You will learn about threading, performance, compare-and-swap non-blocking constructs, garbage collectors and many other topics that you will be able to quickly apply in your own work. We will also cover all relevant constructs found in Java 8, such as StampedLock, LongAdder, parallel streams and many more. As a side effect, you will get familiar with Java 8 lambdas and streams.
When: 26-28 April 2017
Where: Stockholm, Sweden
Format: Bring your own laptop
Price: 26 500 SEK
All prices excl. Swedish VAT and incl. lunch
If you answer "yes!" to any of the following questions, then this course is for you:
- Has your system ever caused some strange behaviors that you could not explain? This often happens at the worst time, such as when your system is very busy. Imagine losing your biggest shopping day!
- Have you ever wondered how some of the more advanced Java constructs work, such as the ConcurrentHashMap or ConcurrentLinkedQueue?
- Would you like to find out how ReadWriteLocks can cause serious starvation?
- Have you ever programmed a web application, a servlet, a JSP page, a Swing application?
- Are you an above average Java programmer, interested to learn more?
Please look at the outline to see all the topics covered. During the training, you will always get a chance to try out what you have learned in carefully thought out exercises. This will help you understand and quickly internalize what you have just learned.
This course is ideally suited to the professional Java programmer with at least 2 years experience, who would like to learn how to truly understand Java concurrency.
Read about the course outline http://www.javaspecialists.eu/